Salesforce is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool and it can house large amounts of information. The information in Salesforce is often required within FluidReview in order to fulfill a client’s procedural requirements. Similarly, information in FluidReview is often required to be sent back to Salesforce.
Currently, the integration only allows for submission based information - this means that in order to push Contact information (i.e. fields from a User task), a submission must exist. The submission also must be active.
Information is collected within FluidReview in the way of creating, editing, or submitting a submission. This information can be mapped to the corresponding Salesforce field in the form of a “Push” action in our integration. This allows for a client to gain access to the fields that are most important to them from within their Salesforce environment, without having to access FluidReview.
If you already have information on the applicant housed in Salesforce, we can PULL this into their FluidReview submission, potentially eliminating the need for the applicants to re-enter the information.
This integration allows your organization to exchange information between Salesforce and FluidReview. Ask yourself:
What type of data needs to be exchanged?
- Applicant information?
- Recommender information?
- Reviewer information?
What type of fields are being sent from Salesforce?
FluidReview supports data from standard objects and custom objects
FluidReview facilitates the setup of the integration; however, a member of your organization will be responsible for configuration and mapping. The integration is established using one set of Salesforce login credentials that belong to your Salesforce environment. Ask yourself:
- Do I have a general Salesforce admin login? [hint: you’ll need one]
- Warning: the email you use for your Salesforce integration should be a general email (such as email@example.com). This is to ensure that when ownership of your integration is changed, no data is lost in the process)
- Who initially configured my company’s Salesforce environment? [colleague or 3rd party?]
- Is the person responsible for the integration familiar with my company’s Salesforce environment?
Information can either be PULLED into FluidReview or PUSHED out to Salesforce. In order for this to occur, the fields in FluidReview should match those in Salesforce. Ask yourself:
- What information needs to be PULLED into FluidReview?
- What information needs to be PUSHED to Salesforce?