Summary reports summarize the results from two data sources: submission forms and ranking forms. For example, the ranking report summarizes all rankings provided by reviewers in a program. This article will walk through the steps of creating, editing, and sharing this report type.
In this Article...
- How to Create a New Summary Report
- Editing the Report's Name and Description
- Adding Data to the Report
- Formatting the Report for Export
To start a new summary report:
- Click Analyze Results from the left-hand menu.
- Click Report Builder from the list of options.
- Under the Reports title, click the Basic: CSV dropdown.
- Click Summary and select the DOCX report format.
- Give your report a name and a description.
- Select the datasource from the Source dropdown.
- Click Save.
To edit the report name and description:
- Under Basic Information, enter in a name for your report.
- Next to the description, enter in some text to help you distinguish between reports.
To add data fields to your report:
- Click the (6) Selected dropdown underneath the Data Fields header.
- In the left column of the modal window, select a data source.
- Then from the right column, select one or more pieces of data.
- Click Done when you've selected all the data you want in your report.
To add extra fields to the report:
- Scroll down to the Extra information section.
- Next to Label, enter in a name of the field.
- Next to Sum Data, select the datasource to summarize.
- Click Add New Total Item to add another total field to the report.
To format the report:
- Under Format, check Landscape to make your report layout horizontal.
- Enter a sub-title next to the Add a Sub-Title.
- Enter footer text next to the Add text to the bottom of the report. The text you enter will appear on the bottom of every page.
To add a filter to your report:
- Click the Please Select dropdown.
- From the General or Variable side on the left, choose a source.
- Select a dataset on the right.
- Complete the remaining fields.
- Click Add Rule to add another condition to your criteria.
To share your report:
- Customize the report link that you'll share with colleagues
- Optional: Enter a password
- Email report recipients the report link and password
NOTE: Summary reports cannot be setup to send as daily reports meaning that the report must be regenerated by an administrator to update the data within the report. It is not required to update the report link as the link will download the last generated version of the report every time it is accessed.