The Live Editor can be used if you wish to make changes to the text in your site and wish to see the changes live/ Try the live editor for making in page changes to the style of various and commonly used elements within your site, such as headings, titles and links.
To access the live editor:
- Login to your site as an Administrator
- Click on the Eye icon in the bottom left side of your administrative dashboard in order to access your Homepage.
- On your homepage, click the Edit mode button located in the top right hand corner of your page.
- After accessing the live editor, your page will be in edit mode, ready for configuration.
To preview how your page will look in an alternative device:
- Click the monitor dropdown located in the toolbar
- Select the device to use in the preview.
The Devices you can select are:
- Full (Desktop)
- iPad (1024x768)
- iPhone 4(320x480)
- iPhone 5 (320x568)
- Blackberry Z10 (345x521)
- Nexus 4(384x598)
- Nexus 7(966x603)
To exit the live editor:
- Click Exit located on the toolbar at the top of the page.
Changes are saved automatically therefore you do not need to Save any changes before exiting the Live Editor.
Use the CSS editor to add custom CSS to your page.
To access the CSS editor:
- Click the live editor dropdown located on editor toolbar and select CSS editor.
- Add your own custom CSS using the editor.
- Once you've finished adding your CSS, Click Save to exit the CSS editor.
- Click Exit at the top of the page to exit live editor mode.
NOTE: CSS is available to customize the presentation of pages within your site, but the application, maintenance, and removal of CSS must be handled by site administrators. The FluidRevew Support team is not available to troubleshoot customized formatting and presentation that has been added with CSS. General support articles for CSS can be found online to assist with syntax.
The Global Styles Editor allows you to edit text and styling throughout the entire site.
- Click the live editor dropdown located on editor toolbar and select Edit global styles.
- Select from a variety of elements to edit from the entire site.
- After configuring your global styles, Click Exit at the top of the page to exit live editor mode.
When you access the Global Styles section of the site you will be able to edit the following areas of the site.
WARNING! This will be update the colour for all links in the site, including the text in the Black toolbar at the top, text in submission buttons, and any hyperlinked text you have added.
- Content Wrap
- Sign in Button
- Sign up Button
After clicking to access global styles, and selecting the section you would like to edit you will be presented with the element that you can change.
NOTE: Not all elements below will be available for each section.
You can edit the Font of the text.
You can edit the Size of the text. The sizes you can choose from are:
Change the style of the Font. You can only have one style applied at a time.
In some cases you may wish to Hide an element from your users. In which case you would change the visibility setting to Hidden. As an administrator the text will still appear as a faint watermark on the page, however when exiting the text will not appear. The rest of the page will also shift slightly so that you are not left with a white-space where the text should be.
Change the colour of the font.
Change the Background Colour behind the font.
NOTE: You cannot update the background colour for Links.
Adding Custom Text will override the text currently displayed on the page. For the Title and Subheading the original text will still be displayed within The Basics of the site.